This blog is for discussing 2009 Silver Birch books and authors.
Friday, October 31, 2008
One Hen: How One Small Loan Made a Big Difference
Author: Katie Smith Milway
9 comments:
Anonymous
said...
My teacher read a book called One Hen.What i liked about the book was that it was really good because it was half real and half not.What I didn't like about the book was that it was about a poor boy.If i get to rate this book it would be a 9 out of 10. I would tell one of my friends to read it because I really liked the book!
What I liked about this book was:Kojo got rich by one hen, he made lots of children including him to go to school.What I also liked about this book was that when he go older, he was able to go to college and eventually he was an adult and he was a farmer with 900 hens .What I didnt like about this book was that at the beginning of this book kojo and his mother were a poor family and his father had died. My rating for this book would be 10 out of 10 because this book has lots of details and it is a very interesting book that I loved.I reccomend this book for Grades 4 and 5 beacause my class is grade 4/5 and they said they liked it.
The book that I like was the one hen.The thing that I liked about the book was how Kojo gets one egg and starts building his farm,family,community.The one thing I did not like about the book was when Kojo went to loan some money from the bank the first time and they said know.Because he was from a poor familly.If I was going to rate this book out of 10 I would give it nine out ten.The recommendation I would give this book is grade 4 and 5.
Our teacher Ms.Freelan read a book callled "One Hen"to us,and,so far,"One Hen" is my favorite Silver Birch book because it teaches you that if you have a dream,then don't just sit there and wait for it to come true,make it come true!Also because the pictures are very pretty,cute,and funny like the two chicken wearing human coats and shopping in the mall(or something like that).
What I didn't like about "One Hen" is that the pictures are so weired!It's like the main charaters are giants but other people are ants!Well,this is pretty much all the things I don't like about One Hen.
If I have to give this story a number,I would give it a 5 or 6 out of 10 because I actually didn't like this book that much but,this number is higher then any other Silver Birch book(I've read now)that I would give.
I wouldn't recommend to anybody(expect myself)because they would laugh at the pictures,and,I don't like anybody to laugh at anybook.
My favourite book was called One Hen because it was aboout a boy named Kojo and the book shows how one small loan made a big difference.If i get to ask questions about this book it would be.Why was the book called one hen?My other question would be.Why was the about a poor boy?If i get to ask a question to the author would be.Is it fun being a author.Dose it takes a long time to write a book?Is being an author a hard job?
My favourite Silver Brich book is One Hen,in the book I enjoyed because the author chose one boy that lives in Africa and it matches with his life. The story was about how one small loan made abig difference.My question about this book is this story is areal story or is it not real?My question about the author is how he got the idea to write this book?And do you really live inafrica?
My opinion about the one hen is this sliver birch book is exciting to read.And also has avert good setting and also a very good story about the little boy starting to go to school and when he graduate he starts a new buisness about chickens in a barn.the most intresting part was how he gets the money from the bank and how he starts with his own life .One question about this book is how did the boy travel?Some questions about the author is how did he get all these ideas?Where did the author go to learn how to draw?And how much time did the auther take to write the whole book?
I read this silver birch book called One Hen. One Hen is a very good book and it tells me that the more harder you work on something you really want to do or complete, you will do it. Questions: Is this story true? Why does only that one hen want to lay eggs? Why does Kojo want to learn to farm? Did you do research before you wrote the story? Is the story all real or some parts are imaginary? When did you start writing books? How many books have you wrote?
9 comments:
My teacher read a book called One Hen.What i liked about the book was that it was really good because it was half real and half not.What I didn't like about the book was that it was about a poor boy.If i get to rate this book it would be a 9 out of 10. I would tell one of my friends to read it because I really liked the book!
What I liked about this book was:Kojo got rich by one hen, he made lots of children including him to go to school.What I also liked about this book was that when he go older, he was able to go to college and eventually he was an adult and he was a farmer with 900 hens .What I didnt like about this book was that at the beginning of this book kojo and his mother were a poor family and his father had died. My rating for this book would be 10 out of 10 because this book has lots of details and it is a very interesting book that I loved.I reccomend this book for Grades 4 and 5 beacause my class is grade 4/5 and they said they liked it.
The book that I like was the one hen.The thing that I liked about the book was how Kojo gets one egg and starts building his farm,family,community.The one thing I did not like about the book was when Kojo went to loan some money from the bank the first time and they said know.Because he was from a poor familly.If I was going to rate this book out of 10 I would give it nine out ten.The recommendation I would give this book is grade 4 and 5.
Our teacher Ms.Freelan read a book callled "One Hen"to us,and,so far,"One Hen" is my favorite Silver Birch book because it teaches you that if you have a dream,then don't just sit there and wait for it to come true,make it come true!Also because the pictures are very pretty,cute,and funny like the two chicken wearing human coats and shopping in the mall(or something like that).
What I didn't like about "One Hen" is that the pictures are so weired!It's like the main charaters are giants but other people are ants!Well,this is pretty much all the things I don't like about One Hen.
If I have to give this story a number,I would give it a 5 or 6 out of 10 because I actually didn't like this book that much but,this number is higher then any other Silver Birch book(I've read now)that I would give.
I wouldn't recommend to anybody(expect myself)because they would laugh at the pictures,and,I don't like anybody to laugh at anybook.
My favourite book was called One Hen because it was aboout a boy named Kojo and the book shows how one small loan made a big difference.If i get to ask questions about this book it would be.Why was the book called one hen?My other question would be.Why was the about a poor boy?If i get to ask a question to the author would be.Is it fun being a author.Dose it takes a long time to write a book?Is being an author a hard job?
My favourite Silver Brich book is One Hen,in the book I enjoyed because the author chose one boy that lives in Africa and it matches with his life.
The story was about how one small loan made abig difference.My question about this book is this story is areal story or is it not real?My question about the author is how he got the idea to write this book?And do you really live inafrica?
My opinion about the one hen is this sliver birch book is exciting to read.And also has avert good setting and also a very good story about the little boy starting to go to school and when he graduate he starts a new buisness about chickens in a barn.the most intresting part was how he gets the money from the bank and how he starts with his own life .One question about this book is how did the boy travel?Some questions about the author is how did he get all these ideas?Where did the author go to learn how to draw?And how much time did the auther take to write the whole book?
I read this silver birch book called One Hen. One Hen is a very good book and it tells me that the more harder you work on something you really want to do or complete, you will do it. Questions: Is this story true? Why does only that one hen want to lay eggs? Why does Kojo want to learn to farm? Did you do research before you wrote the story? Is the story all real or some parts are imaginary? When did you start writing books? How many books have you wrote?
My opinion is that One Hen inspired me because a small thing could make a big diffrant.I loved the funny pitures like the one with the huge chickens.
Did you allways live in Africa?
How long did it take to publish this book?
Why did you make the title One Hen?
What inspired you to be an arther?
Post a Comment